All functionality have been carefully evaluated to not only meet accessibility standards, but also to to provide a user friendly solution for everyone. However, this is a work in progress and we would like your feedback! Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted (NABP) have contributed in testing the web site and by developing accessible content.
Tools and plugins
The following tools have been implemented on the website to cater for readers with different needs and abilities:
- ReadSpeaker an online text to speech application for the web
- Adjustable text size
- High and normal colour contrast options
- Tools to enable commenting via Twitter
- ShareThis a tool for sharing the content on various social media
- Issuu a tool for displaying interactive PDF documents
- Vimeo a web player for video content using HTML5 encoding which is also playable on devices not supporting flash encoded media such as many mobile devices
In order to increase legibility and push the current limits to creative freedom for designers, we tested several tools for displaying non-standard typefaces such DIN and Melior, which are used as a part of the the Norwegian Design Council’s brand identity. The font tools evalutated were Typekit and Fonts.com, but due to lack of interoperability and problems with font rendering on older PCs, we have decided not to implement a type tool on the current version of the site. All fonts on this site are are now standard web fonts.
The site should work fine across all platforms and browsers, but we do not support legacy browsers such as Internet Explorer 6. We urge you to update your browser for the best possible use of this website.
The site has three main sections:
- Home gives an introduction to Inclusive Design and the book innovating with People – the business of Inclusive Design, presenting a video about Inclusive Design and a preview of the book.
- Case Study contains information about a case study where you can post your thoughts and input.
- Buy contains our online shop for purchasing the book and view the content in detail.
Need help, have questions or feedback on the website?
The website is under development so please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter problems with, or have questions or feedback on the website.