©2010 Norsk Designgråd, Hausmanns Gate 16, NO-0182 Oslo, Org Nr. 975 259 560
Buy The Book
Learn how to get closer to your customers with Inclusive Design!
‘Innovating with people – The business of Inclusive Design’ is a handbook that will give you an introduction to how Inclusive Design can be used as a strategy for better business. The idea of the book is to inspire, motivate and to show how industrial and commercial enterprises can integrate a people-centred approach in their own design and development processes. It is a practical guide and manual that contains the basic information you need to understand, debate and practice Inclusive Design.
The content is compiled by individuals who have had extensive, practical experience in working with Inclusive Design in a business context. The book shares insights and learnings gathered over the years and presents in an ‘easy-to-read’ format with rich illustrations. Case studies and examples explain how other companies have benefited from Inclusive Design. A practice-based guide details nine research techniques for engaging with people and bringing their points of view into the design process.
Core book Content
- Short Case Studies (Power tools, Telecommunications, Homeware, Service, Automotive)
- Full Case Studies (Transport, Packaging, Household products, Furniture, Service)
- Research Tools
- Low contact (questionnaire, web forum, natural observations)
- Medium contact (interview, research kit, design provocation)
- High contact (Controlled observation, workshop, evaluation)
- People centred design
- Comparing approaches
- The design process
- Criteria tools
- Eight inclusive design activities
- Contexts are changing
- How business contexts affect your business
- We can all be excluded
- Article: The business of inclusive design
- Examples from business
- Inclusive design checklist
- What is Inclusive Design?
- Prejudices and preconceptions